The legislation says that you are “homeless” if:
- You have no accommodation you are legally entitled to occupy;
- It is agreed that it is not reasonable for you to live in your accommodation;
- You have accommodation, but you cannot gain entry to it;
- You face violence/harassment, or are at risk of violence/harassment;
- You live in a place like a houseboat or caravan, and there is nowhere for you to place it and live in it;
- You may be ‘threatened with homelessness’ if you are going to lose your accommodation within 28 days.
back to the top