Local Wellbeing Plan (2018-23)
Wrexham Public Services Board
The purpose of Wrexham Public Services Board (PSB) is to improve the economic, social, environmental and cultural well-being of Wrexham County Borough.
The board is a statutory body established on 1st April 2016.
In pursuing this purpose the Board will contribute to seven national well-being goals, as per the Well-being of Future Generations (Wales) Act:
- A prosperous Wales
- A resilient Wales
- A healthier Wales
- A more equal Wales
- A Wales of cohesive communities
- A Wales of vibrant culture and thriving Welsh language
- A globally responsible Wales
Initially the Board has four main tasks:
- To prepare and publish an assessment of the state of economic, social, environmental and cultural well-being of Wrexham county borough.
- To prepare and publish a Local Well-being Plan for Wrexham county borough setting out local objectives and the steps it proposes to take to meet them.
- To take all reasonable steps to meet the local objectives.
- To prepare and publish an annual report that sets out the Board’s progress in meeting the local objectives.
Sustainable development is the overriding principle of Wrexham PSB’s activities. This means acting in a manner which seeks to ensure that the needs of the present are met without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.