Current Elections and Vacancies
UK Parliamentary Elections
The next parliamentary election will be held on 7th May 2015.
Parliamentary Elections are also called General Elections in which you are able to vote for your local Member of Parliament (MP).
MPs split their time between work at the Houses of Parliament in London, and work in the local area they are elected to represent.
In Wrexham, there are 2 represented constituencies:
- Clwyd South
The last Parliamentary election took place in 2010, and has been a fixed 5 year term. Elections take place when Her Majesty the Queen dissolves parliament and summons the election of a new parliament on the advice of her prime minister.
- The deadline to register to vote: Monday 20 April 2015
- Deadline to apply for a postal vote: 5pm Tuesday 21 April 2015
- Deadline to apply for a proxy vote: 5pm Tuesday 28 April 2015
Who can vote:
All British, Republic of Ireland and qualifying Commonwealth citizens are able to vote in the UK Parliamentary election. Service voters and overseas voters, who meet the above nationality requirements, are also able to vote.
Nominations to stand as a candidate close on 9 April. We will publish the list of candidates standing in both Clwyd South and Wrexham constituencies on the Wrexham website after the deadline has closed.
The following notices have now been published:-
- Statement of Persons Nominated and Notice of Poll (Clwyd South) - PDF version 137Kb
- Statement of Persons Nominated and Notice of Poll (Wrexham) - PDF version 137Kb
- Notice Of Election Agents Names and offices (Clwyd South) - PDF version 144Kb
- Notice Of Election Agents Names and offices (Wrexham) - PDF version 146Kb
- List of Polling Stations (Clwyd South) - PDF version 120Kb
- List of Polling Stations (Wrexham) - PDF version 79Kb
- Notice of Election - PDF version 14Kb
Further notices will be published on this webpage in due course