Reduce Your Energy and Water Use
Climate change is at the top of the agenda in Wrexham and we are taking action to tackle the causes and effects of climate change. However there are many actions that you can take to help the global effort to prevent serious climate change. These range from reducing your energy and water use (saving you money!) to growing your own fruit and vegetables. Even the smallest of actions, collectively will have a big impact.
At a time of increasing energy and water costs, saving energy and water is becoming increasingly important. There are many ways to reduce your energy and water consumption and even the smallest actions can make a difference. Here are some top no cost tips for saving money on your energy and water bills:
- Turn down your heating thermostat by 1°C
- Ensure that appliances are turned off, not simply left on standby
- Wash clothing at 30°C and line dry clothing whenever possible
- Only fill the kettle with as much water as you need (saves energy and water!)
- Use saucepan lids when cooking. This will save time and money!
- Consider changing your energy tariff and take regular meter readings to ensure that your bills are not estimated
- Contact your local water supplier for a free Save a Flush to reduce the amount of water your toilet flush uses
- Always use a full load in washing machines and dishwashers
Why not make your declaration and commitment to reducing energy and water use by pledging on the People Power Wrexham page? Here you can pledge to take a variety of actions including reducing car use and recycling more-all of which will help reduce the carbon emissions emitted in the County Borough.